Brettingham Package from £69.95 per person
Originally involved in the design of the main house, Matthew Brettingham was a leading architect and played an integral part in the building of this romantic country house which we enjoy today
This fantastic package includes;
- White linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware and cake knife
- Bucks Fizz or Pimms for the drinks reception
- Three course delicious wedding breakfast from our create your own menus, including tea, coffee and petit fours
- Prosecco for your toast drinks
- Selection of six items from our evening finger buffet selection or evening Cheeseboard
- Luxury room for the bride and groom on the night of the wedding, followed by breakfast which can be enjoyed in your room the following morning
- Guaranteed rates for guest accommodation
- Access to the venue for pre or post wedding photographs
- Personal attention of our wedding team, from your first visit through to the last dance
- Please see link here for venue hire rates
2019/2020 £69.95 per person /Children 3-12 years £30 per person
2021/2022 £72.95 per person /Children 3-12 years £30 per person
Venue Hire Rates
Terms and conditions
Prices exclude venue hire – see page 12 of our brochure.
Minimum numbers apply to this package, additional evening guests are chargeable. In addition to our packages, we also offer bespoke options tailored to your preferences and spending plan. Chair covers are white and include one bow from our range of colours, bespoke colours and designs available at a supplement. Prosecco can be upgraded to Champagne for an additional cost. Children under 3 years are free, children over 3 years available at a discounted rate.
Payment terms, for weddings we ask:
- A deposit of 1,000 when agreeing the contract
- 25% 9 months before event
- 25% 6 months before event
- Final payment 2 months before event.
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
When using a SATNAV please enter the location WIVENHOE, Colchester (do not use a postcode as this will direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park).
Take the exit marked Colchester (A133)
Follow the A133 towards Clacton
Please follow signs for WIVENHOE
You will see a black sign on your right which says, ‘Wivenhoe House & The Brasserie’, turn right here into PARK ROAD
The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex, but PARK ROAD leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see our beautiful house from the road on your right
CONTINUE to follow the signs for WIVENHOE HOUSE and it will lead you to us.
If you would like any help with directions, please do call us on 01206 863666 and a member of our will be able to assist you.
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.