Brettingham Package from £92 per person
Originally involved in the design of the main house, Matthew Brettingham was a leading architect and played an integral part in the building of this romantic country house which we enjoy today
This fantastic package includes;
- Garden Suite room hire for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception
- White linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware and cake knife
- Bucks Fizz or Pimms for the drinks reception
- Three course delicious wedding breakfast from our create your own menus, including tea, coffee and petit fours
- Prosecco for your toast drinks
- Selection of six items from our evening finger buffet selection or evening Cheeseboard
- Luxury room for the bride and groom on the night of the wedding, followed by breakfast which can be enjoyed in your room the following morning
- Guaranteed rates for guest accommodation
- Access to the venue for pre or post wedding photographs
- Personal attention of our wedding team, from your first visit through to the last dance
2016/2017 £89pp /Children 3-12 years £25pp
2018/2019 £92pp /Children 3-12 years £26pp
Our packages are based on inclusive hire of the Garden Suite; the Drawing Room and Signature rooms are available at an additional supplement. Minimum numbers apply during peak season and additional evening guests are chargeable. In addition to our packages, we also offer bespoke options tailored to your preferences and spending plan. Prosecco can be upgraded to Champagne for an additional cost.
Reviews and testimonials
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
Whether approaching Wivenhoe House from London and the South or Ipswich and the North via the A12, take the exit marked Colchester (A133). Follow the A133 towards Clacton, ignore the entrance to the Knowledge Gateway, continue along the A133 then take the B1028 for Wivenhoe before turning right into Boundary Road, then right again into Park Road. The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex but Park Road leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see the glorious house from the road.For Sat Nav please use CO7 9HT and then follow signage to Wivenhoe House. Please note, some Sat Navs may direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park so please check our PDF Map
Download our PDF Map
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.