All located in the Grade II listed main house, a luxury room at Wivenhoe House is the ultimate place to stay.
Explore what to do in the local area here
Key features of a Luxury Room
- king size bed
- quality linens
- Located in the historic main house once painted by Constable
- ensuite bathroom with designer toiletries
- free Wi-Fi
- digital TV/radio
- writing desk
- ironing boards on request
- tea and coffee making facilities
- high quality hairdryer
- max occupancy 2 adults
- Children can be added to your room for an additional £15.00 per child, based on a B&B rate ( Z beds and cots available)
Why Book Direct
Are you thinking of booking a room at Wivenhoe House? Book online or contact us today and save by booking direct
- No booking fee – The price that you see is the price that you will pay
- Free cancellation – You can cancel for free up until the 2pm on the day prior to arrival
- Free Wifi – Free, unlimited access to our superfast broadband
- Exclusive offers – Seasonal promotions only available when you book direct
- Savings on Advance Purchase – Save 10% when you book 14 days in advance and 25% when you book a luxury room 30 days in advance
How to book direct
Our Luxury rooms
Don't miss the opportunity to treat yourself to a feast for all the senses.
Our brasserie restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For a special occasion, book a private dining experience in our restaurant Signatures.
Add a touch of glamour and sparkle to your stay at Wivenhoe House.
We hold a range of events from tribute nights, to cabaret magic acts, culinary master classes, wine tasting dinners and balls. Find out more on our events page.
Relax and enjoy the delights of an afternoon tea in our luxurious lounges.
Our afternoon tea includes a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones, delicious cakes and pastries and a selection of teas and coffees.
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
When using a SATNAV please enter the location WIVENHOE, Colchester (do not use a postcode as this will direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park).
Take the exit marked Colchester (A133)
Follow the A133 towards Clacton
Please follow signs for WIVENHOE
You will see a black sign on your right which says, ‘Wivenhoe House & The Brasserie’, turn right here into PARK ROAD
The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex, but PARK ROAD leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see our beautiful house from the road on your right
CONTINUE to follow the signs for WIVENHOE HOUSE and it will lead you to us.
If you would like any help with directions, please do call us on 01206 863666 and a member of our will be able to assist you.
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.