Our Superior rooms, overlooking the extensive parkland, are elegantly furnished and well-equipped. Our superior rooms are split between the Garden Wing and the historic main house.
Key features of a Superior room
- Quality linens
- Balcony (for rooms in the Garden Wing)
- Ensuite bathroom with designer toiletries
- free Wi-Fi
- digital TV/radio
- writing desk
- ironing boards on request
- tea and coffee making facilities
- High quality hairdryer
- Max occupancy 2 adults
Why Book Direct
Are you thinking of booking a room at Wivenhoe House? Book online or contact us today and save by booking direct
- Our Best Rate Guarantee – You will not find one of our bedrooms sold for less on any 3rd party website.
- No booking fee – The price that you see is the price that you will pay
- Free cancellation – You can cancel for free up until the 2pm on the day prior to arrival
- Free Wifi – Free, unlimited access to our superfast broadband
- Exclusive offers – Seasonal promotions only available when you book direct
- Savings on Advance Purchase – Save 10% when you book 14 days in advance
How to book direct
- Call us on 01206 863666
- Email us on email@example.com
Don't miss the opportunity to treat yourself to a feast for all the senses.
Our brasserie restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For a special occasion, book a private dining experience in our restaurant Signatures.
Add a touch of glamour and sparkle to your stay at Wivenhoe House.
We hold a range of events from tribute nights, to cabaret magic acts, culinary master classes, wine tasting dinners and balls. Find out more on our events page.
Relax and enjoy the delights of an afternoon tea in our luxurious lounges.
Our afternoon tea includes a selection of finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones, delicious cakes and pastries and a selection of teas and coffees.
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
Whether approaching Wivenhoe House from London and the South or Ipswich and the North via the A12, take the exit marked Colchester (A133). Follow the A133 towards Clacton, ignore the entrance to the Knowledge Gateway, continue along the A133 then take the B1028 for Wivenhoe before turning right into Boundary Road, then right again into Park Road. The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex but Park Road leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see the glorious house from the road.For Sat Nav please use CO7 9HT and then follow signage to Wivenhoe House. Please note, some Sat Navs may direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park so please check our PDF Map
Download our PDF Map
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.