To our loyal guests and friends,
It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that following the very clear guidance from the Government, we are closing our doors for now and will be unable to welcome any guests.
- We are closed and locked down for 3 weeks, but will be remaining closed until the end of June
- All bedroom and restaurant reservations have been cancelled or postponed
- All events including conferences, meeting, weddings and themed night have been cancelled or postponed
- Any deciding to cancel their booking has been refunded in full
- We hope to re-open early in July, and will follow advice
- We can take bookings immediately for dates from the 1st of July onwards
*Please note the above information is subject to change, based off Government advice.
Despite this being an incredibly difficult decision, this is the right one to make, in order to protect our staff, students, guests and visitors and their families. I am sure you understand.
The team at Wivenhoe House would like to thank all of our guests who have had a special occasion, wedding, conference or any other form of event postponed or cancelled. We realise how upsetting this has been, but you have all accepted this news with kindness, support and grace, for which we are extremely grateful for.
We would also like to thank everyone who has stayed here, dined in the brasserie, enjoyed afternoon tea, celebrated with us or attended one of our special events. Our guests and customers are the core of our hotel and your support inspires us to always deliver the unique and unforgettable experience that we do.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon, and re-opening our beautiful, much loved hotel.
If you would like to stay up to date with our news and updates, please follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter, here.
Please have a look at our plan of action below.
Lastly, look after yourself, your families and communities and we will see you soon.
Oliver J. Q. Brown