For the safety of our guests and staff we have implemented new measures to ensure we are COVID Secure at Wivenhoe House.
Can you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you developed a new continuous cough?
- Have you lost, or noticed a change to your sense of smell or taste?
- Have you been notified that, or think , you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, we kindly ask you to postpone your visit, and look forward to seeing you back again very soon.
Things to know before you visit
- In line with new measures announced on the 22nd September, the brasserie will close at 10pm. Guests are politely requested to consider this when making a reservation for dinner
- Takeaway is available until 10pm at the latest
- During this time there is no bar at Wivenhoe House, and we are offering table service only
- Our staff have been wearing masks, and have been since reopening on 13th July
- All guests and visitors are required to wear masks in all public areas. Masks may be removed when sat at a table in the brasserie or in their bedroom
- The maximum number of people able to attend a wedding is 15
- The planned reopening of conferences, exhibitions and events on 1st Oct has been suspended
- On arrival at the hotel please observe the social distancing signage, and the one-way system
- Where possible, please use contactless payment which is our preferred method for payment.
- We are following the ‘Rule of Six’ and therefore are unable to accept a party larger than six people in our restaurant or afternoon tea
We politely request that you follow the above guidance so that we can ensure the safety of all guests and our team.
Keeping you safe
Some of our COVID-19 measures include;
- Sanitising units throughout the hotel
- Social distancing in place
- Staff to wear face masks at all times
- One way systems throughout hotel
- Staff briefings and inductions on COVID-19 measures and service changes
Stay up to date with our latest news, updates and offers!
Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter, here.