Rebow Package from £96.95*pp
General Isaac Rebow began the building of Wivenhoe House in 1759. On his return from the Peninsula Wars in Spain he brought home with him two cork oak cuttings which grew into the beautiful trees you can be photographed with in the grounds of the hotel
This fantastic wedding package includes:
- The personal attention of our dedicated wedding team from your first visit through to the last dance
- Luxury room for the married couple on the night of the wedding
- A delicious Wivenhoe House breakfast which can be enjoyed in the privacy of your room the morning following your wedding
- Prosecco, peach bellini or beer for your drinks reception
- Three course wedding breakfast from your choice of menus, all including tea, coffee and petit fours
- Prosecco for your toast drinks
- Half a bottle of house wine per person
- White chair covers and bows
- Selection of seven items from our evening buffet or luxury cheese board
- White linen, crockery, cutlery, glassware and cake knife
- Dance floor
- Ample car parking
- Access to the venue and the beautifully manicured grounds for pre or post wedding photographs
- Please note the package does not include room hire, room hire rates can be seen here
Minimum numbers may apply during peak season
Selected menus apply to each package, the couple are asked to choose one menu for all guests with the addition of a vegetarian option. Should further options be required a supplement will apply.
Please do contact us to discuss your individual wedding requirements.
Room hire is not included in our packages, please see here for prices or page 12 of our brochure
*2021/2022 £96.95 per person /Children under 2 free, children over 2, 50% discount applies
2023/2024 £97.95 per person Children under 2 free, children over 2, 50% discount applies
- A deposit of 1,000 when agreeing the contract
- 25% 9 months before event
- 25% 6 months before event
- Final payment 2 months before event.
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
When using a SATNAV please enter the location WIVENHOE, Colchester (do not use a postcode as this will direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park).
Take the exit marked Colchester (A133)
Follow the A133 towards Clacton
Please follow signs for WIVENHOE
You will see a black sign on your right which says, ‘Wivenhoe House & The Brasserie’, turn right here into PARK ROAD
The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex, but PARK ROAD leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see our beautiful house from the road on your right
CONTINUE to follow the signs for WIVENHOE HOUSE and it will lead you to us.
If you would like any help with directions, please do call us on 01206 863666 and a member of our will be able to assist you.
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.