Christmas Break Packages
Stay on our Christmas package in Colchester at the most wonderful time of the year. Our full board Christmas package contains a mix of festive feasts, luxurious accommodation and resident only activities.
Our two and three night Christmas breaks include:
- Overnight accommodation in one of our beautiful rooms or suites
- Dinner on resident days, to include Christmas day evening buffet
- Lunch on resident days, to include Christmas day lunch
- Full English breakfast each morning
What to do during your stay
- From 3pm: Arrive at your leisure where we will have one of our luxurious bedrooms ready for you to check in. Take the afternoon to settle into your room
- From 6pm: Join us in the lounge for arrivals drinks with fellow residents and senior members of the hotel team
- From 7pm: A three course meal in the brasserie awaits
- 11pm: For those wishing to attend Midnight Mass the local church in Wivenhoe will be running a service open to everyone
- 8 – 9.30am: A relaxed full English breakfast will be served with a glass of Buck’s Fizz
- Morning: For those attending a Christmas service, again the church in Wivenhoe is just a short walk from the hotel. For those staying in the hotel it is time to open presents back in the room.
- From noon: A four course Christmas feast is served
- Afternoon: Pick up a map from reception and take a walk around the magnificent parkland or head along the Wivenhoe trail to explore the pretty village
- Evening: We will be putting on a traditional Christmas Evening buffet in the brasserie
- 7.30pm: Head to the residents lounge for our famous Christmas Quiz
- Morning: Join us for a full English breakfast
- Early afternoon: An activity will be available for residents
- Afternoon: Ask our team about activites in the local area. We can provide schedules for the local theatres or arrange tickets for a visit to the world famous Colchester Zoo
- Evening: Local Jazz band performing in the brasserie at 7pm
Christmas package prices 2019
|Room Type||Two Night package |
|Three Night package|
Rate based on double occupancy. For full terms and conditions please download our 2019 Christmas Brochure
How to book
- Call us on 01206 878580
- email us on email@example.com
Booked a Christmas 3 day break and we were very pleasantly surprised at how lovely it was. The hotel is stunning and the staff are all extremely welcoming and friendly. The break included breakfast, lunch and dinner and of course on Christmas Day we had Christmas dinner and an evening buffet. There was also a quiz which was fun and we were able to mingle with the other guests. The food was very nice throughout the stay and we can honestly say we didn’t go hungry! We stayed in the Hilton Honours Suite which was truly amazing. The room was lovely and clean and the bathroom had a separate bath and shower with twin sinks. Extra touches throughout the stay made it special such as managers drinks reception, stocking hanging on the door and Christmas cake sent to the room. Would definitely return.
WHERE WE AREfind us, however you travel
Whether approaching Wivenhoe House from London and the South or Ipswich and the North via the A12, take the exit marked Colchester (A133). Follow the A133 towards Clacton, ignore the entrance to the Knowledge Gateway, continue along the A133 then take the B1028 for Wivenhoe before turning right into Boundary Road, then right again into Park Road. The entrance for Wivenhoe House is shared with the University of Essex but Park Road leads you through Wivenhoe Park and you will be able to see the glorious house from the road.For Sat Nav please use CO7 9HT and then follow signage to Wivenhoe House. Please note, some Sat Navs may direct you to the wrong side of Wivenhoe Park so please check our PDF Map
Download our PDF Map
Colchester station, Colchester Town station, Wivenhoe station and Hythe stations are all between 10-15 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Trains run between London (Liverpool Street) and Colchester station every 10-20 minutes. The journey takes around an hour. Also connect with Colchester from Norwich, Ipswich, Felixstowe & Harwich. Some trains from London (Liverpool Street) also stop at Wivenhoe Station. When travelling from the Clacton/Walton direction, alight at Wivenhoe or Hythe Stations.
Stansted airport is approximately 45 minutes from Wivenhoe House by car. Helicopter pad coordinates are 603200/223900.