Who we are
Wivenhoe House is a four star country house hotel on the outskirts of Colchester. The hotel has 40 bedrooms, conference and event facilities for up to 120 guests and a 100 seater brasserie restaurant. The Hotel is also home to the Edge Hotel School. The first hotel school of its kind in the UK, the Edge Hotel School, equips its Hotel Management and Events Management degree students with the professional and managerial skills, as well as the academic theory, to prepare them for their future career as leaders in the industry.
Why work for us?
- We offer competitive salaries
- We are committed to providing excellent training and development for all staff
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 36 days depending on grade
- Discount of 50% on overnight stays and food and 20% on beverages
- Free overnight stay for two people including dinner for every year of service
- Dry cleaning service for staff uniform
- Monthly employee recognition programme
- Employee discounts on retail items, sports centre and day nursery through the University of Essex
Conference & Events Sales Manager
Duties of the Role:
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to, management of the conference and events sales team; ensuring that the team is fully trained and up to speed with the company’s health and safety policies and SOPs. You will be required to proactively and re actively drive sales forward, development new business opportunities and ideas to maximise revenue, developing a calendar of events. Liaising with guests and clients is also part of the role as is managing events such as conferences, weddings and parties in order to meet guest expectations.
Skills and qualifications required:
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in and managing a conference and events sales team and be able to drive the business forward. Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential as is experience of managing a budget and hitting targets. The ability to deliver 5* service and attention to detail are also requirements for this post.
To Apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Stephanie Wilson email@example.com