Who we are
Wivenhoe House is a four star country house hotel on the outskirts of Colchester. The hotel has 40 bedrooms, conference and event facilities for up to 120 guests and a 100 seater brasserie restaurant. The Hotel is also home to the Edge Hotel School. The first hotel school of its kind in the UK, the Edge Hotel School, equips its Hotel Management and Events Management with Hospitality degree students with the professional and managerial skills, as well as the academic theory, to prepare them for their future career as leaders in the industry.
Why work for us?
- We offer competitive salaries
- We are committed to providing excellent training and development for all staff
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 36 days depending on grade
- Discount of 50% on overnight stays and food and 20% on beverages
- Free overnight stay for two people including dinner for every year of service
- Dry cleaning service for staff uniform
- Monthly employee recognition programme
- Employee discounts on retail items, sports centre and day nursery through the University of Essex
FINANCE MANAGER (MATERNITY LEAVE)
The UECS Finance team has developed significantly over the past few years and has supported the commercial operations at the University of Essex, through major growth and change. We are seeking an exceptional Finance Manager, with strong commercial acumen, drive and a passion to make a difference for Maternity Leave cover. Extensive experience of supporting business operators in a finance capacity, such as management accounts preparation, budget preparation and year end processes is essential. The ideal candidate will also possess a professional accountancy qualification or will be working towards such a qualification.
- Closing date 10/12/17
- Salary £37,588 per annum
- Employment type – Fixed term, full time
- Find out more and apply
BREAKFAST CHEF DE PARTIE
The successful candidate will be part of a large brigade of chefs working with students of the Edge Hotel School. If you have a creative and flexible approach to work, are able to supervise a small team and can organise and prioritise workloads in a calm and efficient manner then we’d like you to join our team. Candidates will have experience as a Chef at a similar level and may hold a relevant NVQ level 3 qualification or equivalent, be able to work in a team and work with students. You will predominantly be working morning shifts but flexibility will be required, dependant on operational requirements.
- Closing date 19/12/17
- Salary – £18,406 per annum
- Employment type – Permanent, Full-time
- Apply Now by completing a cover sheet and emailing across a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
How to apply
For further information or to apply now please complete a cover sheet and email across along with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can also send in a hard copy of your CV to Steph Wilson, Wivenhoe House, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ.
Wivenhoe House Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Essex.