Who we are
Wivenhoe House is a four star country house hotel on the outskirts of Colchester. The hotel has 40 bedrooms, conference and event facilities for up to 120 guests and a 100 seater brasserie restaurant. The Hotel is also home to the Edge Hotel School. The first hotel school of its kind in the UK, the Edge Hotel School, equips its Hotel Management and Events Management with Hospitality degree students with the professional and managerial skills, as well as the academic theory, to prepare them for their future career as leaders in the industry.
Why work for us?
- We offer competitive salaries
- We are committed to providing excellent training and development for all staff
- Generous holiday allowance of up to 36 days depending on grade
- Discount of 50% on overnight stays and food and 20% on beverages
- Free overnight stay for two people including dinner for every year of service
- Dry cleaning service for staff uniform
- Monthly employee recognition programme
- Employee discounts on retail items, sports centre and day nursery through the University of Essex
C&E OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for setting up and running events on the day which include corporate meetings, banquets, civil wedding ceremonies and wedding parties. You will also be required to liaise with the hotel team to deliver service excellence whilst maximising revenue opportunities. In addition you will have responsibility for motivating and developing Edge Hotel School students whilst they are part of the C&E team. If you have experience in a similar position, are highly organised and have excellent communication skills, this could be the opportunity for you to be part of this unique and exciting operation.
Salary – £21,997 per annum
Full time, Permanent
How to apply
For further information or to apply now please complete a cover sheet and email across along with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Alternatively you can also send in a hard copy of your CV to Steph Wilson, Wivenhoe House, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, CO4 3SQ.
Wivenhoe House Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Essex.